Register your Overseas Travel

In an effort to keep track of ECU student activities overseas, students traveling abroad for service-learning, conference participation and research should register with the Office of Global Affairs and purchase overseas health insurance.

All students enrolled in University of North Carolina System institutions (including ECU students) who participate in overseas activities are required to purchase the GeoBlue International Health Insurance for Higher Education. The policy is written specifically for the University System of the State of North Carolina and was adopted after extensive study and review by several State of North Carolina agencies and university officials. All universities in the University of North Carolina System participate in the insurance program.

ECU students are enrolled in the medical insurance program by Office of Global Affairs’ staff. The premium is calculated on a per day basis and is very reasonably priced. Students should still have a domestic policy to take over health coverage should medical interventions need to continue once you are back in the United States.

To register your travel, send the following information to The Office of Global Affairs will then walk you through the online registration for your abroad experience.

  • What the overseas activity will entail (service-learning, research, conference attendance, etc)
  • How many students will be participating
  • City and country to be visited
  • Start and end dates of the activity