International Undergraduate Admission
ECU international undergraduate admissions is a competitive application process including a review of an applicant’s academic records and English proficiency.
Complete the online application
Submit the $75.00 non-refundable application fee
Please select one of the following:
First-Year University Student/Freshman
Less than 24 hours of completed college-level coursework
- Official academic records from all secondary schools attended
- These records must be sent directly from the school or an official school representative.
College or University Transfer Students
24 or more hours of completed university-level coursework
- All official third-level transcripts
- Transcripts from U.S. colleges or universities (if applicable)
- An official course-by-course evaluation of university-level courses taken outside the U.S. (if applicable).
Proof of English proficiency, in one of the following forms:
- TOEFL iBT, TOEFL iBT home edition, or TOEFL iBT paper edition (minimum score of 71)
- IELTS (minimum score of 6.0)
- Duolingo English Test (minimum score of 105)
- SAT (minimum score of 450 on the Evidence-Based Reading and Writing section)
- ACT (minimum score of 19 on the English/Writing section)
- Diploma from a U.S. high school, with two years of attendance
- Diploma from a high school in an exempt country
- Transcript showing a final grade of B or better for an academic English writing/composition course from a U.S. college or university
Students who do not meet the English language requirement may apply for conditional admission. Conditionally admitted students are required to complete a course of intensive English study in ECU’s Language Academy. Please email email@example.com with any questions.
We are able to offer university course credit for:
Please note: placement credit cannot be used to meet transfer admissions criteria.
- We admit international undergraduate students for fall/autumn (August) and spring (January) entry terms.
- Fall/autumn term applicants need to apply by July 1
- Spring term applicants need to apply by December 15
- While we have established deadlines, we encourage 100 days before the start of an entry term to allow adequate time for review, processing, and enrollment steps if offered admission.
Please note: student visas require academic admission before beginning the process to apply for a student visa. We are happy to assist you with the student visa process after you have been admitted to ECU or ECU Language Academy (ECULA).