Enhance Your Classes
The office of Global Academic Initiatives within the Office of Global Affairs works with faculty to both develop or re-design full courses to be conducted in collaboration with an international partner institution, or to enhance their existing courses with interactive global components. GAI staff will:
- Provide training on Global Virtual Exchange.
- Consult on best practices in Global Virtual Exchange.
- If needed, help to identify appropriate partners from our partnership network.
- Provide technical support.
- Schedule Global Classroom space.
Examples of some recent course enhancements include:
- An exploration of Mexican/Latino identity with heritage Spanish speaking students at ECU and students in Mexico.
- A discussion on the teaching of American history between ECU History Education students and U.S. History students in Peru.
- Small group discussions on business practices with a variety of partners from around the world.
- A school psychology lecture exchange between ECU and Japan.
- A panel presentation about immigration and human rights with participants from ECU, Lebanon, Mexico, Poland and Germany followed up with student discussions with each of those groups independently.
- Russian language exchange between Russian language students at ECU and Russian students in Japan.
- Performance exchange between dance students at ECU and students in Japan.
If interested in adding a global enhancement to your class, please submit a Course Enhancement Request or fill in the contact form to the right and someone from GAI will be in touch with you.