Addison

Hi! My name is Addison, she/her, I am majoring in Interpersonal Communication with a minor in Psychology.

Where did you study abroad?

Italy – ECU Tuscany

What is Your Favorite Memory from Your Time Abroad?

My favorite memory was white water rafting in Cinque Terre, it was so special bonding with all my classmates and my professors and being able to experience the nature of Italy firsthand and away from the tourism. It was so much fun and something we talked about until the end of the trip

How Has Studying Abroad Helped Your Personal and Professional Life?

Studying abroad has helped my confidence, I have always been shy but after being in a new country where my communication was limited due to language barrier I realized I can do anything I set my mind to. It also looks great on a resume and I have already had people work wise reach out to me with interest.

What Advice Can You Offer to Students Interested in Studying Abroad?

Embrace the unfamiliar, going abroad is exciting but also a little bit overwhelming, especially for me it was as I had never gone out of the country before. However it led to a ton of unforgettable memories and friends that I now see as family.

Do You Have Any Plans or Ideas to Travel Abroad Again?

I would love to return to Italy one day and while I don’t have any set plans I don’t feel nervous like I used to at the idea of traveling to a new country so I am excited to see where my next adventure leads me.

You can email Addison at carrasquilloa19@students.ecu.edu to learn more about her experience!